Friday, April 11, 2008

A post... finally

I realize I haven't blogged about something "real" for more than a month! Sorry. Moving is stressful! I don't really feel like myself lately. Since I moved to Alpine and my kids go to school in Saratoga Springs, I'm rarely home. I was gone from 7am - 3pm today, uhg. So it seems it's taking me quite a while to settle in here. I thought instead of a traditional Flashback Friday, I'd give you a flashback of what I've been doing the past month.
3/20 I volunteered to go on Asher's 1st grade field trip to the Bean Museum at BYU. This was 2 days before I moved, not the best idea. Riding in the back of the school bus with a bunch of 1st graders hopped up on ice cream from the BYU Creamery, also, not a good idea.
3/23 Easter, day after we moved. My wonderful in-laws brought us dinner. Very fun day after all the hectic ones that preceded it.


3/27-3/30 Went to Monster Jam in Vegas with Heidi & her family. We had front row seats, it was SO much fun! (You can make fun, I don't care).


4/4 Bought the airplane teeter totter from Costco. Hoping it's warm enough this weekend to actually use it.


4/7 Woke up to this, ick! (Okay it's kind of pretty).


4/11 Boys playing in grandma's tub. And Kane sleeping protected by his "babies".
So there you have it. My life lately.

14 comments:

Cutie Pies said...

Definitely Flashback Friday worthy, I think. This is great to see what you've been doing. Looks like you've had a lot of fun, too. Sounds like you better have some good tunes to listen to and a 'sweet ride' to get you there. I'm glad things are working out for ya.

abi said...

Yay! Glad you posted! How long has Kane's hair been that short? Love the Bean Museum, we used to go there quite a bit when we lived there. The boy standing on the left of Asher looks just like my nephew. Sorry random. Give me a call on my cell, I promise I am trying to keep it with me more. My house phone is flaky.

Betty Grace said...

Welcome back. I've missed your posts. I LOVE you and your family! What's the bean museum? Lima? Kidney?

Annie said...

Stephanie,
Great to see that you are doing okay! I love going to see the monster trucks!!!!!!!!Front row seats, can't beat that! I have to tell you, the first time I went to the Bean Museum I was told it was a Museum of stuffed animals. So I went totally thinking it was stuffed animals not taxidermy animals :-)

Mindy said...

It is very stressful to move for sure. It sounds like things are working out. Was that date right? Snow on April 4? That is crazy! Cute pictures.

carrie said...

I'm glad you guys are doing OK! I've wondered about you, and what you've been up to! Say hi to Kasey for me! We'll have to plan something to get together....or I'm sure I'll see you at Nancy's sometime soon, right?? You looked great, by the way!

Anonymous said...

Wow! You do sound way busy! Glad you got to go to Monter Jam and I'll have to look into that teeter totter....my kids would love that! It looks way fun :) What Costco did you get it from? (Probably they all have it and I just haven't noticed)

Heidi J. said...

I am sorry it has been so crazy hopefully things will slow down. it looks like you guys have had fun! we will have to have a girls night out some time soon.

Lindsay said...

I feel the same way, minus the trip to vegas and just moving. Life is just moving along - nothing exciting happening, I'm glad you posted though! Wish you were still in the hood!

Jill said...

It's great to see you up and blogging again! I know it's SO hard to get back into the swing of things after moving. Especially since your kids are going to school so far away...I hope you get to feeling better soon.

Gina said...

I think that's so cool you went to the Monster Truck show...I would love that especially being up so close!! I know what you mean about moving...life kind of just shuts down but at the same time it goes on!! I hope you are starting to feel settled!!

Heidi P said...

I love Kanes babies protecting him..He is so cute. That drive is insane, not too much longer though right? Kids are out the first of May? We miss you guys, it feels like you moved to a different state! No more watching TiVo'ed "Next Top Models" during preschool :(

Kristy said...

I totally don't mind that you snoop on my blog. Mine is pretty boring though. Bean museum? Wow. Tell me more. I may have to take my kids there.

janae said...

You've been busy! I'm glad you are getting all settled and your move is over. We just closed yesterday on our home, we are now living in a townhome until our house is finished in a month. I know what you mean. My kids are finishing at their old school and all their activities are there. So I spend all my time in the car.