Saturday, May 24, 2008

Abundance

I have to write about how much gratitude I feel for my sister, Heidi. She posted a blog a couple weeks ago about abundance. It has had such a great impact on me. It says that you don't need to own anything anything to feel abundant. There are so many ways to notice abundance in our lives, and I've become aware of so many in my own life. It is such a great energy to witness abundance in the moment. These are some of the things I've noticed in my own life.
Laughing with my sisters (chips & salsa?)
Chatting daily with friends over the phone
Watching my boys put their arms around each other
Talking to my parents over my web cam
Knowing there are so many people out there that really are kind, and care about me
Making my nephew laugh
Being amazed at what a wonderful artist my daughter has become
Having the opportunity to attend church, and get there in less than five minutes
Eating good food with good friends
Being blessed with a husband that makes me feel beautiful and safe
Getting to know people and being able to share things like this through blogging
I'm sure I could go on and on. I hope we can all realize the abundance we are blessed with, it is an amazing gift.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

WE ARE SO SO BLESSED... THANKS FOR THE REMINDER... I DONT KNOW WHAT I WOULD DO WITHOUT FAMILY AND FRIENDS... MAKES LIFE WORTH LIVING.. HOPE ALL IS WELL

Lindsay said...

I loved this Steph. I have to say that I am so glad I have gotten to know you. You are so awesome, I love how laid back and chill you are, there isn't one thing that is fake about you. You are just totally real and you're a great friend. Love ya!

Betty Grace said...

that is amazing Steph! and you are definitely one of the blessings in my life! Love you! (and laughing about Chips and Salsa)

carrie said...

I loved this post. You are so blessed to have such a great family who loves you so much. ...You have friends who love you, too!! It's true.... You are such a REAL person, and I love getting to know you better. I truly admire your outlook on so many things. Thank you for writing it...and remember to let us all know if you need any help with moving. (seriously!!) Also...I know there is some joke about the chips and salsa, but that sounds SO good to me right now. I think that is my favorite thing to eat. :o)

janae said...

Thanks for sharing this. It was just the pick me up I needed right now. We really are so blessed to live in this country and enjoy all that we enjoy. It's so important to take the time to think about all these things.

Heidi P said...

Thank you Stephanie. I am crying and I love you.

Anonymous said...

What a great reminder! Thanks for sharing with all of us :) Hope you are doing great!

Anonymous said...

P.S. And now I am hungry for chips and salsa....Yum!!

a-anderson said...

Great post. Thanks for helping me to remember my blessings.

Chardell said...

Thank you for sharing that. You give my life abundance. I'm so thankful you've been my friend for so long.

Christie said...

This is a great post - we are so blessed.

Savage Family said...

HUGS!!! You are such a awesome friend!

Mindy said...

Gabriel is Sarahs baby...she is a little nervous about sharing too much info on the internet so I tried to keep it low profile...he is adorable!

abi said...

You are awesome. Thanks for being such a good friend! (seriously my verify word is: lampy - I think that is going to be my new word of the day...."Man, she sure was lampy!")